AP Accountant (Junior)
AP Accountant (Junior)
We are looking for an ambitious AP Junior Accountant to provide support to the finance department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
The ideal candidate will be well versed with accounting principles, have a head for numbers, experience with MS Excel, and strong analytical skills. The Junior Accountant will report to the Accountant and will need to demonstrate the ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced office environment. We offer opportunities for advancement for the right candidate, and a competitive salary.
- Post and process data entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Calculate, post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Keep track of all intercompany transactions to be billed and processed.
- Assist in preparing VAT payments and necessary paperwork for tax payments and returns.
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings.
- Assist with audit and other accounting projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA/ ACCA, Inter or qualified
- Proven experience as an accountant
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with accounting softwares
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the ideal candidate depending on your experience and capabilities. If you think you meet the above requirements and are interested to join our growing team, please submit your CV along with a recent photograph. Please mention your current visa status, notice period (if you are currently employed), current and expected salary. Click here to Apply.
Only online applications will be accepted. Applications by emails will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 15th March 2020